Reflection on Assessment Administration Discussion

DD Assessment

DD Assessment

by Lesley Hagelgans -
Number of replies: 0
  • What was the structure of the test (multiple choice, T/F, essay, etc)?  Multiple choice
  • What was the length of the test (how many questions)? 13-20 (I did three tests, and a student survey about the teacher.)
  • What administration method did you use (bubble sheet, online, hand entry, a combination of two method)? Bubble Sheet
  • What went well?  Honestly, not much.  The scanner would not read the bubble sheets so I had to enter in the student names by hand even though the machine's software was updated to try and correct the issue.  It took 4 hours to input 400 bubble sheets.  I know what information I want from Data Director, but I have no idea where to get it without trial and error - which after 4 hours of scanning, I didn't have the inertia to do.  And I didn't have the pretest and postest entered into DD so I'm still going to have to export from Zangle to Excel and DD to Excel to get the comparison data I really want at this time.
  • What would you do differently next time?  Probably not do the bubble sheets.
  • What training needs have come up as a result of this experience?  Trouble shooting for the scanner (or shooting it altogether).   I need to learn the different names of the reports and the information they can provide to me.