On-line lesson resources
MAP Tasks - Gates funded lessons and performance assessments linked to CCSS for 6-12
Dan Meyer Materials - High School material that supports "patient problem solving"
Inside Tools for Educators - K-12 resources for Implementing CCSS in the classroom
Next Gen Science and CCSS Math Tasks from Achieve - This resource contains tasks that assess both Next Generation Science Standards and Math.
NRich - Enriching Mathematics - K-12 activities for deep thinking. There are also teacher resources.
May 10th, 2013
This session focused on Geometry and Measurement.
- This topic
March 8th, 2013 - Algebraic Reasoning
12-13 November 9 Fraction Operations
- Examine our conceptual understandings of operations with rational numbers and what that means for instruction at multiple grade levels
- Explore Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium rational number items
- Develop an understanding of the CCSS Mathematical Practices in the context of teaching operations with rational numbers
- Identify student misconceptions and strategies for support.
12-13 December 14 - Fractions
12-13 October 12 - Fractions
- Examine our conceptual understandings of fractions
- Explore Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium fraction items
- Develop an understanding of the CCSS Mathematical Practices in the context of teaching fractions
- Identify student misconceptions of fractions
11-12 Session 2 - May 8th
February 24, 2012
This session was an introduction to Math Common Core and Math Smarter Balanced Assessment.