Quality Classroom Assessment Discussion

Week One Quality Classroom Assessments

Week One Quality Classroom Assessments

by Cynthia Schofield -
Number of replies: 1

I have the rubrics and multiple choice questions in place.  What I have not done is placed them in data director.  I am anxious to put in the pretest for close and critical reading in the data director and score it with the rubric.  Then there will be a lot of practice and checking for understanding.  I gave the pretest on Thursday, shared the answers through modeling and visual aids and then had students practice with the second letter of Frankenstein.  I am one that needs hands on experience, especially when it involves technology.  So, I am sure that I will stumble with the technology aspect, but ultimately will be able to use it.  That is why I was so interested in taking this course.  I loved 21 Things for the same reason.  I am also very excited as I believe Frankenstein is very assessable to students (the two previous texts were Beowulf and Canterbury Tales).  So, this is where I should start seeing the results paying off.  We have been close and critically reading texts together, now I want to see students apply what they have learned to an assessable text.  On a final note, this is the first time I have taught the text with Nooks and I am anxious to see if the dictionary potential of the Nook will impact students reading of the text.

In reply to Cynthia Schofield

Re: Week One Quality Classroom Assessments

by Mitch Fowler -

That's right... I heard you guys have Nooks, that's awesome! I like that you're realistic about stumbling with technology. It would be silly to assume that using any new tool (beit technology or not) would not take time to adjust to. I can only hope I provide you the supports you need to clear the hurdles quickly when they come up!