Course Introduction

Week 1

Week 1

by Lesley Hagelgans -
Number of replies: 1

Marshall Public Schools have been graced with my presence since the inception of my career back in 1999.  I currently try to warp... I mean mold eighth grade minds to think appropriately for themselves plus read and write high school material.  I am a Bronco - undergrad and master too.  I actually have a Master's Degree in molding middle school minds (if that's possible).  I took this course to learn how to make pretty charts and graphs so I can walk all the way down to the tech lab to pick them up (which beats making them in Excel).  This way I won't need to hop on the treadmill after school that day.  I have 113 children - a 37 year old husband, a 7 year old boy (with a 7th grade reading level - scary!), a 3 year old daughter, a 10 year old graying black lab (with geriatric issues), a 4 year old chocolate lab, an 8 year old cat with a seroius social anxiety disorder, and my baby - a 7 month old schnoodle (half poodle/half schnauzer).  Okay so I really don't have 113 kids, but taking care of everyone else makes it feel like I do.  My career goal is to simply survive each day with a smile.

In reply to Lesley Hagelgans

Re: Week 1

by Mitch Fowler -

I love the career goal! I'm excited to see what you think of our module on assessment reports - you'll be able to let DataDirector to most of the Excel work for you.