Course Introduction

Bobbi's Bio

Bobbi's Bio

by Bobbi VanWormer -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all! It is I...Bobbi VanWormer of Dudley STEM in Battle Creek. (Woot...Woot!) I have only ever worked for Battle Creek beginning at Washington, then moving to Dudley, and finally applying for the STEM school when Dudley received that great honor. I am currently teaching the greatest grade...first...they can wipe their own nose and still love you after you take recess away. I am taking this course because Lori made me...haha...not really. Because I am part of the STEM school in its infancy, we are under a lot of pressure to show improvements, and obviously, data is the way we are going to do that.

I am married to a wonderful man who stays at home and cleans, cooks, and takes care of our children. My boys are 4 (but practicing to be 5 as he says) and 2. Lex (short for Alexander...we don't like Alex) attends Dudley STEM ECE. Luke and Lex love to be boys...oh how I wish some days after a long day of work they just wanted to brush my hair...ahhhhh....but instead I get to be the mountain they need to drive the monster trucks over.

I am very excited to be a part of the STEM process and my hopes are to engage students in their learning to a point where they are teaching me more than I am teaching them.

In reply to Bobbi VanWormer

Re: Bobbi's Bio

by Mitch Fowler -

What?!?! Mountains are way better than brushes.

I'm eager to see what new ways you'll come up with in terms of using DataDirector. You've done a great job this year jumping in and creating assessments. Welcome!