Course Introduction

Cristi's Intro

Cristi's Intro

by Cristina Eyre -
Number of replies: 1

I am Cristina Eyre, current principal at Harper Creek Middle School. I have been with Harper Creek for seven years, four as the principal and three as the assistant principal. Prior to HC, I worked for Olivet High School for six years. I started as an at-risk counselor, career preparation coordinator, and ended as an English teacher. My first teaching job was for Litchfield Community Schools for five years as an English and psychology teacher, grades 7-12. I graduated from Hillsdale College in 1993 and completed my master's degree in Educational Leadership in Western Michigan University in 2000.

I am taking this course, because as a building principal, I believed that I needed to become more proficient using a tool my teachers are expected to use.

I have been married to my husband Mark for almost twelve years. We have two children, Adam (10) and Jordyn (9). We live in the country and spend a lot of time with model ts.

I have not thought much about my career goals since I achieved my most recent one, becoming a building principal. As I entered my fourth year as a building principal though, I have started to think about whether or not I want to be a high school principal as well as a superintendent someday. We'll see what the next years in my career bring. What I can say is that I do not see myself leaving Harper Creek, as long as they will have me:).